Repair Technician - Canvas/Leather Goods
Longchamp USA, Inc.
- Inspects all incoming repairs to make sure they are the same as what is on the Repair Form.
- Performs repairs on corners, flaps, zippers or straps as indicated on repair form sent by the Boutiques by sewing multiple fabrications.
- Upon training, performs inspections of all merchandise to determine authenticity and perform quality checks to determine what is repairable, what is not repairable, what is non- authentic and what harbors a potential quality issue.
- Removes worn or damaged parts using hand tools as appropriate.
- Make sure the repair is done to meet Longchamp’s quality standards.
- Monitors and places orders with Repair Specialist to replenish stock needed for repairs as needed.
- Helps to sort and organize parts and components.
- At least two years preferred in repair or similar oriented field.
- Working knowledge of industrial sewing repair machinery (PFAFF)
- Familiar with sewing with guides. No piece work.
- Understands leather repair and can determine options for correcting problems.
- Ability to interact with internal and external clients in a calm and professional manner.
- An effective team player.
- Ability to solve problems and make sound decisions.
- Possess a sense of urgency and high level of resourcefulness and working with minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Fashion or luxury experience is a plus.
M-F schedule, team oriented work environment, full comprehensive benefit package after 90 days, paid time off, medical, dental, a company match on 401K once eligible, company discounts on merchandise.