Sr. Manager, Merchandising
puma north america
PUMA is one of the world’s leading Sports Brands that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. It starts in sport and ends in fashion. PUMA offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf and Motorsports. We are committed to working in ways that contribute to the world by supporting creativity, sustainability and peace, and by staying true to the principles of being fair, honest, positive and creative in decisions made and actions taken. Would you like working in a fast pace and multicultural environment? Then PUMA is the right place to be!
Become a member of our successful Retail Team based in Westford, MA, USA. We are currently looking for a Senior Manager, Merchandising - Retail Apparel & Accessories.
Present, test, and execute strategies to maximize margin and raise level of product in all channels of distribution.
Conceive and create new thoughts and ideas pertaining to maximizing revenue and resources, presenting products, and reaching the consumer
- Collaborate with all divisions of retail and wholesale merchandising to ensure a consistent message reaches the consumer and footwear, apparel, and accessories are integrated for an impactful presentation.
- Develop, grow, and empower a team of direct reports to take on increasing levels of responsibility and ownership of the business.
- Collaboration with senior retail team members and lead initiatives to improve consumer’s experience.
- Prepare, execute, and present strategies and programs to internal Retail team and associates.
- Ensure upcoming trends, key items, color and product flows are balanced to drive category growth and increase desirability and profitability for all channels.
- Prepare team to present business updates on Retail business at weekly and monthly meetings including strengths, weaknesses, and actions to move forward.
- Own long term and seasonal business plans that support PUMA’s financial and brand objectives backed by insights and data.
- Work in cross-functional teams to see all programs through from inception until in consumer’s hands.
- Be the expert in the competitive environment and market knowledge. Visit stores and be in market consistently.
- Personally execute, as well as coach team on operational and functional aspects of creating an assortment, executing buys, and managing process to the end.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, Retail Merchandising or a related field.
- 10+years of experience in Merchandising or Buying in either a Wholesale or Retail organization.
Proven team player with the ability to work cross functionally with a diverse set of individuals.
- Deadline driven, with the proven ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast paced environment
- Exceptional presentation and written skills.
- Track record of establishing an independent view while effectively collaborating in decision-making forums.
- Experience with motivating, managing and building effective teams is required.
- Equally comfortable leading a group as well as completing operational tasks.
Firm understanding of retail merchandising organizations and processes.
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.